Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Feature-Novica

A while back I received a very interesting email from a company called Novica. They asked if I would be interested in writing a review of their site. I went to their website, not really knowing what to expect. Wow, was I pleasantly surprised! They are associated with National Geographic, and you can see from their mission statement that they are dedicated to providing a unique opportunity to artists worldwide.


We want to give artists and artisans around the world a global platform to express their true artistic talents and to spur their creativity. And, we want to provide you with access to unique, hard-to-find items at great values that only the Internet infrastructure can allow.
At the deepest essence of our philosophy, we want to create a bridge between you and the many talented artisans across the globe.
We want you to know about who you're buying from. We want you to feel that attachment to the product and to the hands that created it.
In the spirit of the Internet, let us bring you together.
NOVICA. The World is Your Market.

I had the opportunity to purchase a couple of items from their group of artists. This is when it really gets good.

In our ever smaller world, where you can get just about anything from anywhere, true customer service has all but disappeared. In our age of automation, you rarely get a 'live' person on the phone. The post office gives you a 'range' of when a package will arrive. Returns policies state that you are not guaranteed anything, and you will have to pay postage. Ya'll know where I'm coming from.
So, when I placed my order, and received a confirmation email within five minutes, I was pleased. I ordered two items, from two different countries of origin. Which would make you suspect that my shipping costs would be higher, right? Nope. 
Then I received two more emails, identifying where my packages were in the shipping process!
All this was in addition to the tracking number being provided. I received the packages in record time, and again, was very pleasantly surprised with the beautiful wrapping of the items.
Would you like to see what I got? Of course you would!
Gorgeous Balinese earrings. Each tiny dot of silver is placed by hand.


I fell in love with the rich colors of this bag. And with two outer pockets, and a roomy interior, it's just perfect for fall weather!

There were beautiful cards, signed by the artist with a short bio, but I've misplaced them. 
As an artist, searching for my creative voice, I appreciate the desire and passion of these talented folks. And I applaud Novica for helping them to become businessmen and women. The Novica website is intriguing and innovative. I hope you'll take a moment to check them out. Below are links for some of the different areas of interest.   Blessings, Shirley



Disclosure: I have not been paid for this review. Opinions stated are my own based upon my experience as a customer of the website.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting blog! Thanks for sharing. I love the earrings and the bag. Very cool. I did look at some of the links. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this great website. I was impressed with the site design and the quality of the handmade itmes. Cheers!
    Lori in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love their African masks... thanks for the review, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting - I will definitely have to check them out. Thanks for sharing Shirley! And I loved your Octoberfest collage, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.