Saturday, September 25, 2010

Science and other things


Ok, I will be the first to admit, I am not of a scientific mindset at all. My oldest is in 6th grade, and is using Apologia General Science. The project for next week is to use air resistance to keep an egg from cracking upon being dropped from a height. So thankful my husband is a "do-it-yourself" guy. He quickly came up with a "helicopter" format, and off they went. I am really gearing his schoolwork towards math and science, and it will totally be a God driven thing!
So, I finished a piece of beadwork for a challenge, and I am really pleased with the look of it. All three kids sat down and learned peyote stitch. Am I thinking my boys will be bead artists? No, but it is just one more way to stretch their creativity and thinking process. Plus, beadweaving REALLY expands your patience level!
Today is my "free" day, so I'm off to do a little beading, before the rest of my family catches up to me.
Blessings, Shirley

1 comment:

  1. I think it's awesome that you had the boys do it, too. So often people dismiss the arts with boys. Mine LOVED a clay camp I had him do this summer -- they worked with raw clay and he was so excited to really make something from nothing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.