Sunday, September 7, 2014

Anchors Aweigh Reveal!!

Today's the day!! I'm so very excited to show you what I've created!!!
I'm thrilled to not only participate in this blog hop by the wonderful Rita (Toltec Jewels), but to get to play with Diana Ptaszynski's beads!!! I just adore Diana's beads, and this is one of my most worn bracelets. That girl knows her stuff!







Here's a pic of the beads I received for this challenge. And you can go here to pick up some of your own!

Stormy Seas Anchor Charm Pair

I love the soft color of these babies. I could have gone in a green direction, or blue, or grey.
I knew what style I wanted for them, I just wasn't sure how to accomplish my idea. So off I went to Pinterest. I love heading over there for  ideas and inspiration. I just typed anchors and sea in the search box, and got lots of ideas!!!

I chose to go with a 'rope' theme. I kept it very simple, because I wanted the rope idea to lead the way.



Sigh, I seriously need to learn some image skills. You really can't see the different colors in the images, but I used a soft grey accented with tiny silver 15's. The other side is a soft, matte white lined in silver.

 A soft and simple interlocking knot.

Perfectly accented with that gorgeous anchor bead!

The colors glow in the sunlight!

 I'm so pleased with this piece, thank you Rita for the challenge, and Diana for the wonderful inspiration!
Please go check out all the challenge participants.


Featured & Honored Artist:        Diana Ptaszynski

Diana's Shop:                           Suburban Girl Beads

Diana's Blogs:                          Suburban Girl Studio
                                                 Art Jewelry Elements

Hostess: TJ                               Jewel School Friends

Bobbie Rafferty                         Beadsong Jewelry

Chris Eisenberg                         Wanderware

Heather Richter                         Desert Jewelry Designs

Michelle McCarthy                    Firefly Design Studio

Kathy Lindemer                         Bay Moon Design

Dini Bruinsma                            Angaza by Changes

Cynthia Machata                       Antiquity Travelers

Kathleen Breeding                     99 Bottles of Beads on the Wall

Linda Younkman                       Lindy's Designs

Robin Reed                                  Artistry HCBD

Marla Gibson                              Spice Box Designs

Gina Hockett                               Freestyle Elements

Renetha Stanziano                      Lamplight Crafts

Marianne Baxter                          Simply Seablime Jewelry        

Christina Miles                             Wings N Scales

Marybeth Rich                            A Few Words from Within the Pines

Shai Williams                              Shaiha's Ramblings

Cheri Reed                                  Creative Designs by Cheri

Monique Urquhart                      A Half-Baked Notion

Jennifer Reno                             Musings of a Crafty Jenny

Shirley Moore                             Beads and Bread

Tammy Adams                           Paisley Lizard

Melissa Trudinger                       Bead Recipes

Jill Bradley                                  JillyBeads


21 comments:

  1. I can see why you wear it all the time, what a beautiful piece, and it must have taken forever to do all that bead work, but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, admire and respect all the beadwork that went into making this bracelet. It looks like it would be elegant and comfortable t wear. I love it!! Gina H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous beadwork and a beautifully understated result, Shirley... perfect for this theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beautiful soft colors of the beads are perfect with the anchor charm. And of course, a knotted rope is a perfect idea for a nautical themed challenge. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful bead work here! I love the soft, simple look of the ropes and the knot in the pattern - I bet this feels wonderful on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Shirley. I had envisioned something with this knot for my piece but I procrastinated too long and copped out with earrings. You are such an inspiration to me!!!! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the rope with the change of colors. Really different!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this piece! The rope/knot theme works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm certain your bracelet is so much more beautiful then what a picture could ever reveal! The shades of colors, the sparkle and even feeling how silky the strands would are when you wearing it. When I see a picture of pretty jewelry I tend to envision the beauty and the touchy, feely senses...hmmm I wonder what it smells like?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bracelet! I can see why it is one that you reach for again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shirley you already know that I just love your bead weaving skills! Such a suburb job and the piece is fabulous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a gorgeous bracelet! Your weaving is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see the two colors and I am sure they are so beautiful in person. Your ropes turned out so well and are a perfect match for the anchor charms... LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love your design - I knew I would see something incredibly creative and unique for your project. I really like how you made ropes with your awesome beadweaving skills! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Rope Idea (-: it's perfect with the charm. The silver-ish colours go so well with the teal, so ☼ shiny ☼ Great work, I like the shell in the picture as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the simple and elegant choice of the knot as well as the muted sea foam colour palette :-) Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bead work is simply wonderful. I love the knot and the way it adds to the nautical theme.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Shirley,
    Your bracelet is beautiful, good choice for the design, a knot.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not sure I would call that simple but I would call it Beautiful!!! Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply elegant! I love your design and your close up pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought of doing a white & a blue herringbone strand to knot as you did. But came up with other designs along the way. I love the way they flow & it's very relaxing to look at.

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.