Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Blessings

If you're not ready for Christmas, you still have a couple of days left. This year has been more hectic than ever. I know that my plan for next year will be to....have a plan! You are much more able to appreciate your blessings that way. I have many blessings to be thankful for this year. Even though this will be the first Christmas without my dad and my father-in-law. Each year, someone you know receives hard news, or a loss right at the holidays. You can easily rant and rave about the unfairness of it. But I think we are really meant to search harder for our God and His mighty power. It is hard to think that people who believe in different ideas, or don't believe in anything at all, get to celebrate or twist the Christmas season to suit their needs. But then I try to look at it from God's perspective, and realize that He has a plan for each and every one of us. It doesn't matter if I understand or not, just that I believe. And that is the best blessing of all.
So, to you all, I wish God's blessings and peace.

1 comment:

  1. First I wish to say thank you for your beautiful encouraging comment on my blog about my ceramic buttons. Actually that comes to second place because reading all your posts and this last one I understand it is not a coincidence.
    You got my heart by saying: "It doesn't matter if I understand or not, just that I believe. And that is the best blessing of all."
    You got yourself a new friend and I hope it will be mutual :) Wish you all the best from above!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.