Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm a Winner!

Oh. My. Word. I'm so excited!!! Jumping up and down excited. I just received an email from the awesome Karen Williams over at Skunk Hills Studio, that I have won a copy of her book, Freeform Peyote Beading.   I have been interested in freeform for a while, but haven't had the nerve to get started in it.
A few months ago, I entered a contest with the phenomenal Carol Dean Sharpe over at SandFibers, and won a gift certificate from her, which I promptly redeemed for the tutorial on her fabulous Blooming Bead.  That was such an intense project. I loved every minute of it.  After my 4th try (and ripping out) with size 11's, I emailed her and asked if she had ever made it with size 8's. She hadn't, but encouraged me to go for it.  It was much easier to learn odd count peyote when I could see where I was going. :)
As you can see, it's an irresistible pattern. The blue and yellow below is mine, the awesome turquoise and copper is Carol's. Hop on over to her etsy store and get yours!


















And one last picture, because this was definitely a winner today....Oregano Parmesan Braided Loaf, and Garlic Knots. Can you say yum?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.