Monday, March 14, 2011

I love the mailman!

Well, not really....but I do love looking for mail when I know I have things coming. I received this lovely card from Lori Anderson.

With this really cool inspirational page inside. I love the little tabs at the bottom.
This is so going in my bathroom! Or, maybe next to the coffee pot. It's a toss up as to where I go first!

The other cool item in the mail today was my silk scarves from Dharma Trading. My girlfriend and I are going to fly thru homeschooling Wed, and hit the porch overlooking the marsh for some silk painting.

The pictures really don't do the silk justice. It is such a shimmery fabric. My friend and I took a class last year, and she purchased some of the basic paint colors. She played with it quite a bit more than I did, and came up with a soft, shading technique that I'm anxious to try. I have a necklace idea for these. More on that later. Hopefully, I'll have some pics of finished products on Friday.
Blessings, Shirley


3 comments:

  1. Silk Painting??? Sounds Delish! I don't know what it is, but I can't wait to see it!

    And Lori's PIF gift is awesome! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received my PIF from Lori today too, a lovely gift with kind thoughts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Playing with color on fabric - have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.