Thursday, March 17, 2011

Silk Scarves are painted!

Ok, this is just an eye candy post. Seriously, this is so much fun. Totally addictive and very time friendly. This is not the end result, stay tuned for that, but for now, enjoy the pics!
Not sure if you can see it in the pic, but this lovely shade of brown was mixed with a metallic silver. Gives a gentle sparkle in the light.

 My bowl of flowers.....and it never needs water!



The top one has a vibrant green, shading to brown. Next is a deep midnight blue which fades to lavender. Following it is another two tone: sunny yellow shading to brown/metallic. The colors of spring come next in a smiling pink, soft blue-green, and  mottled green and yellow, with stunning metallic aqua drops. (My daughter made that one, and I might have to steal it from her. Shush!)


Can you tell spring is on my mind?

The colors are just luscious. What I love about the silk painting is that it's always a surprise. Even when you decide on your colors, it will still shade and saturate differently every time. 
Think Spring!!
Blessings, Shirley


2 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous! How in the world did you do that? The colors are perfect and I can just see a beaded tube to thread them through! Can't wait to see what's next! Way to go Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, I was at a store that sells artist's crafts on Saturday and they were selling the same scarves that you are making for $55! They were so pretty! Are you planning to sell them somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

I'm thrilled you stopped by! Thanks for your words of wisdom.